VEA Cautions Members About Scam: Local businesses and residential members are receiving phone calls after business hours and on weekends from individuals posing as VEA employees. The callers demand immediate payment and threaten to turn off the members’ power. They also ask members to purchase prepaid credit cards and wait for instructions. Read more...
Helping Those Who Need a Helping Hand
Contributing to the Valley Electric Association, Inc. (VEA) Charitable Foundation allows employees and members to help organizations, agencies and individuals in need all across VEA’s service territory, while receiving a tax benefit, as it is a 501(c)3, for their commitment of time, energy, talent and generous contributions. Donating via Operation Round Up also goes to the Charitable Foundation.
Examples of groups the Foundation support include:
- Community Improvement (Calvada Eye Project)
- Weatherization Programs
- Rehabilitating homes for those in need
- Assisting Seniors
- Youth Programs
- Obtaining Grants
You can learn more about who the Foundation helps and how it works by downloading the VEA Charitable Foundation Guidelines.
Who have we assisted?
- Balfour Beatty Community Pool - Provided a check in the amount of $3,400.00 to cover the cost of a pool lift. This lift has a low profile design that uses minimal deck space and does not extend into the water when not in use. It provides easy access and safe transfers on the pool deck and in the water.
- Sandy Valley Middle School - Assistance with youth programs.
- Dorcus Women's Group in Dyer, NV - Assistance for the seniors.
- Beatty High School - Assistance with youth programs.
- Pahrump Residents - Assistance with weatherization and insulation.
- Sandy Valley Keystone Enrichment Foundation - Purchased programmable Energy Star thermostats for their building.
- Nevada Outreach Training Organization in Pahrump - Assisted with energy efficiency items, such as insulation in their building.
- Sandy-Mesquite Valley Education Foundation - Assistance for energy efficient lighting on the football field.
We look forward to assisting more of our community members in the future!!
Would you like to Donate?